Schedule a Consultation:
Before submitting an application contact us for a consultation. We want to learn more about your project and offer counsel on whether your project is a good match with our foundation. When you schedule your consultation provide: a brief description of your organization and the specific project you have in mind, and we will get back to you.
The majority of our gifts are for work being done in Montana. If your project does not have direct benefit to Montanans, our foundation may not be the best fit. If in doubt, contact us!
In general, we give organizations one grant per year. Multiple requests within a single year are discouraged.
Grant Writing Best Practices:
- Limit your request to a specific project, especially if we have not funded your organization before.
- If your request has multiple components, please list each component, with the corresponding amount requested for it, in order of priority.
- Keep it simple. List the necessary information needed to understand your mission, project, and projected outcomes. Bullet points are great!
- We do not generally fund more than 50% of a project (and in most cases, less). Additionally, we prefer to start with smaller grants for organizations that we have not worked with in the past.
- The foundation trustees meet quarterly to consider grant requests. Completed applications must be received by the due date to be considered at the following meeting. We strongly encourage you to submit your application well before the due date, in the event that we need to obtain more information prior to the review.