Community Building Ideas
for Christian Churches in Montana
The Gianforte Family Foundation believes the local church plays a transformational role within their community. That’s why we offer pre-packaged grants (up to $3,300) for churches in Montana.
However, some churches have the capacity to launch bigger initiatives within their communities. If your church has a vision for implementing effective Christian Community Development or Outreach strategies in your hometown like affordable housing, career training, or mentoring at-risk children – tell us about it!
Your project may align with our funding strategies if its purpose is to:
Strengthen Marriages & Families
Help Individuals Flourish Economically
Offer Addiction or Trauma Recovery Tools
To be considered for a grant you must:
- be a Christian church operating in the state of Montana,
- identify a need in your community and determine how your church wants to meet the need,
- develop a plan and budget for the new project,
- fill out the Contact Us form to see if your program fits with our funding strategies, and
- commit to actively promoting the program to your entire community, not just your congregation.
Please Note: Our funding will not cover all costs associated with running a program. Potential grant recipients should have a significant portion of their funding committed before submitting an application. However, the foundation would like to talk with your team early on in the process and provide you with valuable feedback.
Please Note x2: The foundation does not typically fund the remodel/expansion/new build of a physical Church building. We may consider other building projects that fit our funding priorities (example: Affordable Housing). We also do not typically fund childcare, vacation Bible school, or summer camps.
- CROSS PURPOSE: The Cross Purpose model helps churches or nonprofits address the relational, economic, and spiritual poverty in their communities through career development. Cross Purpose provides churches with the tools and training needed to choose and offer career certificate training that will help low-income, high-risk individuals earn a livable wage.
- SOBER LIVING HOME: Christian sober living homes provide men and women with a structured & loving environment to overcome their drug and alcohol addiction while learning more about Jesus. Many tried and true Sober Living models exist. If your church is interested in starting a home, we can provide a list of groups in this space.
- AFFORDABLE HOUSING: The affordable housing crisis in Montana has continued to escalate over the past several years. Many families find it difficult to afford rent, let alone afford a home of their own. Many churches are uniquely positioned to provide their communities with affordable housing options due to their access to parsonages, church-owned land, or a generous congregation. Again, if your church is interested in offering affordable housing, we can provide a list of other groups working on this issue.
- RAM SERIES FOR PUBLIC MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOLERS: The PICK (Premarital Interpersonal Choices & Knowledge) Course is designed to provide a plan for youth (and adults) to follow their hearts (pacing a new relationship in safe and healthy ways) without losing their minds (exploring five key areas that foreshadow what this partner will be like in marriage). This course is Biblically based but designed for a secular environment. The PICK course is evidence-based and has been taught in public high schools to over 100,000 youth.
- YOUR OWN IDEA: Does your church have a different idea that may fit our funding priorities listed above? If so, reach out to the foundation staff using our Contact Us form.